Covid-19 Vaccination procedure
We have received the vaccine at the pharmacy. Please follow the guidelines here:
1. Go to NJ VSS and fill out the form to see whether you are eligible for the vaccine. You will receive a registration confirmation email.
2. Once you are cleared for vaccination by the state, go to schedule the appointment HERE. After scheduling the appointment at Easy Pharmacy, you will get confirmation email with a QR code. You bring this email with QR code on the day of your appointment. When you schedule the appointment at Easy Pharmacy you will be required to fill out details about yourself and insurance [optional] information. Filling out the form will allow you to have a quicker and an efficient vaccination experience. Once the form is completed you are confirming that you are eligible to receive the vaccine according to the NJ state guidelines. If appointments are not available on a particular day, please put your name in the waitlist. We will call you if there are any cancellations. Please provide us with the phone number where we can reach you early.
3. When you arrive for vaccination, you need to present the QR code to the store associate. We are not allowed to administer vaccines to any of your family members if they do not have an appointment. Each member has to register and schedule the appointment so that there is no overcrowding in the store.
4. An employee at the pharmacy will scan your QR code.
5. After the pharmacist or vaccine administrator reviews your information, he/she will administer you the MODERNA vaccine. If you do not like a particular vaccine, you need to re-schedule the appointment [no preference is given since you have already registered earlier].
6. You need to remain seated in the pharmacy or in your car [preferably] post vaccination for 15 minutes to manage any potential side effects. Please DO NOT leave immediately after vaccine administration.
7. For additional information, please visit the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine information sheet.
8. Post injection, if you develop any side effects, please fill the FDA VAERS [Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System] form. In addition, CDC has developed a new, voluntary, smartphone-based tool, called v-safe, that uses text messaging and web surveys to provide patients with near real-time health check-ins after they receive a COVID-19 vaccination. CDC/v-safe call center representatives will follow up on reports of medically significant health impacts to collect additional information to complete a VAERS report. Information on v-safe is available here: vsafe
9. Wear a mask and maintain social distance during the vaccine administration and post-injection.
Thanks for cooperating. Stay Safe!